Immerse yourself in the local culture and business environment of Vietnam for two weeks and gain a competitive edge in the global job market by consulting on an industry project for an international client.
- Locations: Hanoi, Vietnam
- Dates: June 2021 (exact dates to be confirmed)
- Eligible students: Business undergraduate students who will have completed BUS30024 or BUS30010 by the end of Semester 1, 2021
- Cost: A$2,000 approx.
- Selection criteria: You will be required to submit an online application along with a personal statement
- Application submission: Applications are now open and will be assessed with offers made on a rolling basis until places are filled
- Application close date: 20 March 2021
- Unit code: BUS30009
Develop your global career in the dynamic region of Asia by working on a project for an industry client based in Vietnam. This study tour will immerse you in the local culture and business environment over a two-week period.
You will interact with senior executives from the business, other key stakeholders and, together with your team, provide consulting solutions and recommendations of value to the client.
You will be guided and accompanied by project coaches and mentors with extensive experience in the region before and during the fieldwork in Hanoi.
Floating village near rock islands in Ha Long Bay, Vietnam
In addition to obtaining academic credit towards your degree, you will diversify your study experience and gain a competitive edge in the global job market by working on a real life project for an international client. You will apply and develop management consulting, intercultural communication, creative problem solving, critical thinking, teamwork and networking skills beneficial for international professional career and opportunities.
- Working on a real-life consulting project for an industry client under the guidance of academic coaches and local mentors and supported by local students
- Regular interactions with client’s senior executives and industry experts
- Presenting project outcomes to a panel of client representatives
- Networking with relevant groups including Swinburne alumni and local students
- Team building activities
- An overnight cruise trip to the World Heritage Ha Long Bay during weekend
- Visits to universities and a local museum