The Professional Placement co-major has four 25 credit point units, which have a combined cost of A$5,475.00 that is HECS-HELP deferrable for local students.
- Work Experience in Industry A is the first practical unit and is worth 25 credit points. (A$1,500.00).
- Integrated Professional Placements A is the first academic unit and is worth 25 credit points. (A$1,987.50*).
- Work Experience in Industry B is the second practical unit and is worth 25 credit points. (A$0.00).
- Integrated Professional Placements B is the second academic unit and is worth 25 credit points. (A$1,987.50*).
In most courses, an additional 100 credit points are added to the course for the co-major^, extending the duration of a course by up to 12 months.
You can also earn half credits (25 credit points) in the co-major for Work Experience in Industry A and Work Experience in Industry B and put them towards your course if you have a spare electives.
We recommend you book an appointment with a Course Advice Specialist to confirm how a placement will fit into your degree structure.
* Integrated Professional Placement unit fees may differ for students who commenced their degrees prior to 2021. This may apply to students in the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Media and Communications. Visit our Fees page for more info.
^ Students enrolling in the Professional Placement major will be subject to a variation in their course rules, which includes additional credit points for course completion. The amount of additional credit points will depend on whether students have spare electives in their standard degree or not. Speak to a Course Advice Specialist for details.